HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT DRIVING AN 18-WHEELER?
DO DREAMS OF THOSE BIG WHEELS IN THE MOONLIGHT KEEP YOU UP AT NIGHT – CALLING YOU TO THE OPEN ROAD? THE CALL OF ADVENTURE? IMAGES OF THE MODERN DAY COWBOY RIDING THAT STEEL HORSE….DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START?
WELL, FIRST OF ALL – TRUCKING ISN’T A JOB – IT’S A LIFESTYLE!!!
HERE’S YOUR CHANCE TO FIND OUT IF IT’S THE LIFESTYLE FOR YOU….WITHOUT SPENDING BIG MONEY ON A LICENSE YOU MAY NOT NEED AFTER ALL!
WE ARE NOW OFFERING A NEW PROGRAM FOR ASPIRING TRUCK DRIVERS… CALLED “I.T.E.” OR INTRODUCTORY TRUCKING EXPERIENCE!
This is an 8 hour introductory seminar geared for the aspiring trucker to learn what’s involved in becoming a professional truck driver, led by instructors who are out there everyday.
You’ll spend approximately 5-6 hours in the classroom gaining exposure to such things as;
· Role and Responsibilities of Commercial Drivers
· Truck Driver Qualifications / Disqualifications
· Your Personal Driving Record and How it Effects Your CDL and Insurance
· Pre-Employment Procedures
· CDL Training Options
· CDL Testing Procedures
· Introduction to FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Regulations)
· Introduction to CSA / CVSA
· HOS (Hours of Service)
· Types of Trucks, Trailers & Freight
The last 2-3 hours of the day will be spent becoming acquainted with actual equipment.
· Introduction to Pre-Trip / Post-Trip Inspections
· Introduction to DEF systems
· Introduction to Air Brakes
· Experience the view from the passenger seat of a tractor trailer; And before the day if through you’ll
· Experience the view from the driver’s seat for some basic instruction on our lot.
The intent of this course is to provide basic, real-world knowledge to those interested in a career in trucking BEFORE committing the financial undertaking of truck driving school loans or company contracts. Plus the opportunity to learn from professional drivers; to ask questions and to benefit from their decades of years and millions of miles of trucking experience!